Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Visits from my grandson

There is always the need of clothing for babies! A friend of mine is expecting her child at the end of the summer and I thought a light-weight bonnet would be something practical to have:


The bonnet is made of cotton yarn, crochet hook 3,5 (E-4). A crochet fan pattern, and the edge outlined with simple dc/sc stitches, using a fine contrasting yarn. The bonnet is closed with two ca. 25 cm ribbons, the chains made like a Solomon stitch crochet cast-on. E-mail me if you need more information. Need a suitable card for announcing the birth of a new baby? Here it is, in Cindy's blog Scherenschnitte - Papercuts. She lives in the US, does masterful papercuts, also on commission.

To my great joy and delight, I was able to see my grandson Victor for a week earlier this month. A four-year old boy, charming, lively, intensely interested in just about everything except going to bed. And maybe due to my steadily advancing age, and reflecting on the wars that have been going on for all the years in my life at some place or another in the world, I once again began comparing the life of present-day children, their environments and everyday happenings with mine so many years ago. How lucky many of us are, living in an area without hostile conflicts or worse.

I would like to enclose a link at the end of this post as an invite to KIVA. By accepting the invitation, you will not be asked to give sensitive information, especially no credit card number, in fact, you won't have to spend a single penny. A generous overall donor has provided a huge sum of loans from which you will receive US $ 25.00 earmarked to lend to a borrower of your choice, provided on KIVA list of borrowers. There is no financial involvement at all. Note: The sum of US$ 25.00 is paid back to the original overall donor.

And this is only half of it: by accepting the invitation, the account of the person sending the invite will also be credited with US $ 25.00 to lend to a borrower. Note:  again the loan will be paid back to the original overall donor.

There is simply no better offer around for you to make a difference. Click on the link below to register with your e-mail, select a borrower and click to accept the free loan. It will make a huge difference to the lives of many, especially to children.

Clicking on the link will not automatically get you involved in anything, just gives you more information!
So here is the LINK to first check out the details, click on "Free Trial" (still does not commit you to anything)  and in another step maybe accept the invitation - at no cost to you at all!

Thank you for reading this post.

(Here the link I try to include in every post: Helpful Tips and Links for Textile Crafters) Scroll post down to the end).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bonnet! I must admit I haven't given one as a baby gift all these years...adding that to my list for future giving :D

Just did the Kiva loan. Thanks for the link, my friend :D

arrangal said...

Your grandson Victor looks so much like his mum. I'm glad you got to spend time with him. Those days are so precious.