Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Flowers and Silk for the Festive Season


A wonderful festive season and all the best for the year 2015!
Some more scribble?
This is the best description I read about the joys of knitting scribble: "The technique achieves the fragility, transparency and soft drape of lace without any fancy stitches and is a good way to showcase those yarns you may have bought because they looked wonderful in the skein but were disapointing when knit up. The character of the yarn is maintained since none of it is hidden behind other stitches."  This is a quote I found in the amazing book "Unexpected Knitting" by designer Debbie New.


Some beads add to the precious look of silk
Fiber Fusion Silk married to the finest French Cotton
I did not find someone to model my Taos Winter scribble scarf but once my friend in France unpacks her Christmas present I hope I will get a picture of her wearing it. At the end of the year my eyes are on scribble and I am eager to try a few more projects using this great technique.


No comments: