Sunday, October 23, 2011

Winter Breeze

Squirrels are busy burying walnuts, the cats sidle along the house protected from the wind, spiders stealthily fabricate their web in hidden corners - there is a touch of  a Winter Breeze in the air! With the first frost I made this Crazy Lace wrap, using Jane Thornley 's lovely lacy Breeze pattern published in her newsletter and on Ravelry. The Austermann Fancy Mix yarn had been lingering in my stash for quite a while and waited for the right project to come along, and the long wait paid off: there was simply no other yarn to match the beauty of the frosty meadow in the early morning sunlight. I used the Navaho ply (also see here) in places where the yarn was too thin to keep within the overall weight and added random Crazy Lace rows (Navaho knitting). I think my friend Helga will like the colors and feel of this Breeze...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shock and awe...Early morning, this spider web caught my eye. Free of bits of dead flies, dust, fluff and other rubbish that typically look sick. Not this one...a fresh and perfectly formed spiderweb, my dear friend, Ms. Laura. A masterpiece of design and delicacy, a spiderweb covered with dew--even more exquisite hoarfrost--a breathtaking sight, caught with sunlight. Another fiber-licious :D