Wednesday, April 14, 2010

No Chill One


A new project: I finally found the very yarn I had envisioned: Sari Silk Ribbon. Justification is the word - I can buy this skein of the most colorful Indian Sari Ribbon because I did not buy... whatever - yarn addicts will understand!
I started last night trying out the basic shape of the No Chill One project. The ribbon is so beautiful, I could not bear having it tied down and knotted up by using anything but the largest needle size I possess: 25mm! Unwieldy, to be sure, but the result is beautiful and achieved quickly as an extra bonus. Oh, do I wish I had bought more skeins - I could not only make this project but a colorful vest in just one sitting...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

All I have to say is Yowser! Ideas/curiosity spinning around in my head just imagining the glorious vest in the making...can't wait to see its debut, Laura.