Tuesday, January 26, 2010

LUFFS


At the moment, Valerie's PC is standing on a glass table and her thin arms get cold when typing on the keyboard - so this fingerless "manchon", long cuffs or gauntlets should protect her against the cold. I used some of my first handspun wool and silk yarn in this project. The grey parts are either knit double with padding inside or done with brioche stitches, occasionally adding small strands of unspun sheep wool.
And I just found out that the use of unspun fleece in these gauntlets has a name: THRUMMING. Whisps of unspun fleece or roven is added now and then to the regular yarn and knitted into the rows, adding warmth and a nice fluffy and hazy touch!
Here's a link to the thrumming technique Hello Yarns

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the combination of color and texture. I bet they look great on.